6/07/2015

Mom Cuts and Coconuts


I got that mom cut yo.

I swore I wouldn't do it. I grew out my fro for nearly five years. I became an expert at styling and managing wildly thick, kinky hair that stretched down my back, to just below my armpits.  Then I got bored with it and dyed it. As soon as my postpartum shedding started to grow back, I got pregnant and it started to fall out again.  Say what?  My hair grew a million miles long when I was pregnant with Kaden. Hmmm.... maybe this one is a girl.

Now that I spend my days caring for house and home, carting around two elementary schoolers, and running speed walking after a toddler--I decided that I no longer have time for my hair. I needed a quick pick-me-up, so I could do life and still be fly, honey.

I told my husband that I wanted a hair cut for Mother's Day. So I went up the street and got the bottom half of my hair buzzed right off.  I watched in delight as my hair fell to the floor, and felt nothing but relief.  Byyyyyyyyyyyye.

It's so much easier to take care of myself when I don't have to spend all day on my hair.  It's so much easier to do anything.  I am now a believer in the mom cut, as long as you can still spice it up. 
*wink*



No comments:

Post a Comment